1.25.2008

Insomnia, ergo... Blog Post!

A couple of days ago I had reason not to look so happy. I woke up to find my car battery had died. That's the second time this month. After a nice stranger jump started my car, I drove out to Walmart and had a new battery installed. While pulling in my driveway, content to have the setback over with, I realized that my car was sliding. I slid maybe three inches, just enough for my left side-mirror to hit our deck beam and break off. I sat there for a few seconds until I suddenly burst into a laughing fit. Still laughing, I attempted to pull forward but was stuck. I crawled out the passenger side, still laughing. I went inside and, laughing, told Aubry what had happened. It was too ridiculous to make me mad. Even now, writing about it, I laugh.

Having five classes only once a week each is a dream. I don't mind driving up to Salt Lake every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday either (although having to turn my head around every time I want to merge left might get old fast... I'm fixing the mirror tomorrow). On the road I get to listen to NPR and other news radio, a much needed source of information from the outside world. We don't have cable. In fact, it was driving home from Salt Lake listening to the radio that I heard of Heath Ledger's death. I could have gone days without knowing the news! Pitiful...

"Here's to us!"
"Who's like us?"
"Dang few!"
"And they're all dead!"

If anyone knows what that's from, I'll be shocked.

2 comments:

emilie s. d. p. said...

sounds like a puff daddy song

Mel said...

haha and Heath's death is very important news!