3.10.2008

And yet again...



My car wasn't meant to not collide with other objects (double negative intended). It's just what it likes to do, it seems. I was driving home from class last week, going only three exits south to Liz's. I was driving an even 72 mph, radio tuned to NPR. I was intently listening to a discussion about testosterone levels in gay men (yeah... ha) when "CruNcH!" I was suddenly spinning around and came to a dead standstill facing oncoming traffic. It took me a second to realize what had just happened, dozens of headlights beaming me back into reality. Wha! I laid on my horn, not knowing what else to do. Cars started slowing to a stop, others kept creeping around me left and right. I had to raise my hand up to the window to signal them to stop so that I could get off the road. Luckily, Marco, who was trying to change lanes into mine, has insurance. Phew. So I'm fine, and my car needs a new bumper and trunk, but like I said, I think that's what he wants. So we are both fine. :)

1 comment:

emilie s. d. p. said...

Terrible! Glad your okay though. Is your car still drivable with the damage or is it in the shop?

Let's do lunch on Tues or Thurs or Fri, whichever is easiest for you. Just let me know.