8.14.2008

When the moon gets up and night comes...


Things are looking bright these days - a week in Florida, a new apartment, a new semester. Change is the only thing that keeps me going. It's not that I'm discontent with where I'm at or what I'm doing, but it gets old after about a year. So maybe I am saying I'm discontent. I've sucked up all the good out of this place and am ready to move on. That makes me sound like a leech, I suppose. I've done some good here too, so it's a symbiotic (symbiotic because I feel very dissimilar from Provonians anymore) and not a parasitic relationship. I guess I'm just ready to symby-up with a new place (still Provo) and new people (still Provonians). Who am I kidding? (sigh)

Anyway, that's a general update. Wanna hear something specific and exciting? All those posts about cats created some good karma or something, 'cause Emilie's getting a cat! Rachel, my new roomie and landlord (or is it manager?), is keen on animals and was hoping that Aubry and I would also want a cat. Are you kidding me? A warm, fuzzy ball with eyes staring up at me each day as I walk in the door? I've already been to two animal shelters and have perused craigslist several times in search of the perfect feline. I may just take Don Piano (see earlier post) with me to my new place... I'll keep you updated. I mean, this is majorly juicy news. Talk about a symbiotic relationship - cat and human, love for love. (sigh)

"He will kill mice, and he will be kind to babies when he is in the house, just as long as they do not pull his tail too hard. But when he has done that, and between times, and when the moon gets up and night comes, he is the Cat that walks by himself, and all places are alike to him. Then he goes out to the Wet Wild Woods or up the Wet Wild Trees or on the Wet Wild Roofs, waving his wild tail and walking by his wild lone."

I understand you, my cat friend.

2 comments:

Kayleen said...

Congratulations on the changes. I'm so happy for you that you're getting a kitty. They're so cuddly and fun!
My boss's son is working as a temp at my work til he goes to BYU to start school. He just got home from his mission in Pittsburgh and has been to Franklin a few times. He's tall, dark, and oh SO HANDSOME! I think you need to meet. Hmm...

emilie s. d. p. said...

Change is always good. I'm glad you get to move to a place with a cat! Have you guys found one yet? That's awesome...I'm jealous...dang Mitch and his allergies :o)
If you need any help moving let me know.