
i'm giving up sugar for lent. well, i can eat one hershey-kiss-sized piece of candy a day. but still, i pretty much can't eat sugar for over a month. hot dang! self-imposed sacrifice... although i don't see how this is going to bring me closer to God. so really, i'm not giving up sugar for lent. i'm not even catholic. i'm just giving up sugar for me. i remember thinking how weak it was when my friends in high school would give up sweets or tv when they probably should have given up sex and alcohol. still, the sentiment was there to a degree. and now that i'm trying to give up sugar, i realize how hard it is... it's REALLY hard. props to anyone who has ever done it. and if you see me eating sugar in the next month, punch me in the arm. thanks.
6 comments:
Call me melodramatic, but I'd sacrifice my brain before I gave up sugar. Ok not really. But still. Good Luck. I'll try not to tempt you by mailing you lollipops.
plus you're starting a colonic cleanse, remember? this will do your body/brain wonders!
ah yes, the colonic cleanse. somehow cleaning your colon does wonders for you brain? who knew?
Awesome!! A colon cleanse? That sounds like A LOT of fun!
You are a strong woman...good luck on your expedition...one time I was successful at not having sugar for 4 months...but look at me now. Sugar Free Jello does wonders for your sweet tooth in the absence of sugar!
I TOTALLY did the same thing one year in high school! (can't remember if it was junior or senior year...) Gave up sweets for lent. I kept saying "if the Catholics can do it, I can do it!" I'm actually doing the same thing again, although not really for lent, just for losing my baby weight. I gotta tell you though, if you can get through the first week you're home free! Believe it or not, you will actually get to a point where you don't even WANT sugar! And you'll feel awesome (c:
Post a Comment