12.02.2009

emilie's single! and she speaks spanish!

mom: have you talked to dad?
me: um, no. about what?
mom: oh, well dr. virgile has a new doctor in the office, and everyone says he's really great. laverne wants to set you up on a date with him.
me: what? who is he?
mom: he's 38. he's from spain.
me: um... what? are you serious? what the heck?!?!
mom: i know, but you never know. they all really like him. don't worry about it too much. the virgiles will probably just have us all over for dinner or something...

picture it, friends. my mom, my dad, mr. and mrs. virgile, a 38-year-old spanish opthamologist, and me...

so how was your morning?

3 comments:

Brian and Carly said...

Oh my gosh! I cant quit laughing.

{lizzythebotanist} said...

i just peed my pants.

i hope, just for my sake, that you have to eat your words. i've already copied this post so i can show it to him at your engagement party (because by then you will have realized how amazing he is and deleted it). just make sure he's still fertile, please. the cousins need cousins.

naomi said...

I somehow feel that my date with a guy who's only conversation topic was GREENDAY could top anything resultant from a dinner part with 38 year old spanish man. Maybe not though. I mean, I'm banking heavily on the fact he's somewhat educated.