4.27.2010

a bit of silliness for you

When I'm not intellectually stimulated, I act like I'm 12. I make strange sounds or comments. At work today, I visited the girls a few doors down and left them with this written on the white board -

Dear Travis,
Cookie crunch...
(Spaetzle)
spandex
I want an outfit.
Love, Em

These were all parts of the conversation that ensued upon my entering the room asking about the ring Kim's dad was working on for me. She said something about him sometimes being lackadaisical, to which Deborah responded, "I love that word." I said my favorite word was delicatessen. Kim told me of a German delicatessen that served amazing spaetzle. I told her I had first had spaetzle in Europe where Travis kissed me in my sleep. Kim said I should write to him and tell him I know that he kissed me. We wrote spaetzle on the board trying to recall the strange spelling. Deborah told me to "mooooove" so she could see, which I said reminded me of coooookie crunch. Back to the ring and the wedding, Deborah said that I should wear spandex. I grunted, to which she retorted, "Oh, come on. You know you want an outfit."

There is something about free association that excites me. We used to get warmed up in writing classes by scribbling in notebooks whatever came to mind. I could go for hours...

2 comments:

Naterade said...

Stretchy pants........ha.

Deborah Athay said...

Um.. I wasn't suggesting the spandex was for your wedding.. more along of the lines for after the wedding.... like to sit on the couch eating bon bons in. Like Peg in Married with Children.