4.27.2009
details, details, details
the other night i lay in bed not able to sleep, and something made me remember a memory from my childhood. i spent the next couple of hours laying there trying to extract every memory i could. and then i remembered a time when i was probably 4 and i sat on the floor with a pen and paper trying to write down every word i could. i made a huge list of words like "dog" and "pepper" and "yummy." so i've decided to spend some time writing down memories. in theory, it sounds valuable and fun. in actuality, it's overwhelming. but at age 4 there weren't as many words in my head as there are now... and at age 26 there aren't as many memories as there will be when i'm 50. so i better get started. luckily, i just need to dig for memories from birth to 3rd grade. that's when my mom started making me write in my journal, something i would do for hours on my bedroom floor after church. i have journal upon journal of daily doings - what i wore, what i ate, how i felt. as embarrassing as some of those things might be, it's nice to see that i've progressed from words like "dog" to "canine," and "pepper" to "BLACK pepper," and "yummy" to "delicious." i kid. but to help myself and entertain you in the process, i've decided to write one blog post a day dedicated to a childhood memory. how do you feel about that? and what are you wearing and eating today?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
sounds fun!
pj's and a dang kaysadilla.
I'm wearing a dirty t shirt that I couldnt tell was dirty when I put it on in the dark this morning, and I'm eating next to nothing thanks to this psycho detox we're on. Ok fine, I'm not remotely starving, I just want a muffin.
My favorite American Apparel deep V soft tee in heather blue with skinnies and my flippy floppys. and food. are you kidding? so far:
banana
nutritional yeast flake baked mac n "cheese" - vegan style
a string cheese stick
a salad
sushi
and a cookie
and that was all in the last hour. :/
you're doing a really good job of posting daily ;)
Post a Comment