Buddy tried singing with his girl, but she denied him. He tried showing her the largest Christmas tree he'd seen, but she one-upped him. He tried sharing with her an exciting find - the worlds best cup of coffee, but she gagged and then lied to him that it was good. Was Buddy really in love? Could he be? Could he love someone who rejected his love for music, deflated his excitement, and then lied to him patronizingly?
I don't know why I'm psychoanalyzing Elf. I just liked the line after which this post is titled. I felt like shouting that all day today.
And I felt like shouting it despite the horrific experience I had meeting with the woman assigned to do the alterations on my wedding dress. And I quote, "Ah... I think that's ugly, but it's your big day." Afterwards in the car, I told my mom, "It's crazy how one persons attitude can affect how you feel the rest of the day." Consequently, I was cut-throat on the road. If you were driving 5 under the speed limit and saw a silver Honda riding your bumper, I apologize. I was an angry elf.
My roommate just got in the shower. It's 11pm. Maybe she smelled like beef and cheese.
Ok, ok... just one more.
The summer after my first year of college I went home, and one day my cousin Bill and I were leaving the Franklin public library when a man I used to babysit for came walking down the sidewalk. "Mr. Parisi! How are you?" I asked. "Oh, I'm doing really great. Thanks. How's college?" Now for reasons I can't explain and with an elvish vernacular, I responded, "Oh, it's my favorite!" Mr. Parisi just grinned and said goodbye as Bill and I discussed what a moron answer that had been. It seems only elves can pull off a line like that.
But I can pull off this one - I'm in love! I'm in love! And I don't care who knows it!
Sigh.
5.06.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hahahahahahaha!!!! i literally laughed out loud about your seamstress. are you freaking kidding me?!? what a joke. how can ANYBODY, let alone somebody whose JOB it is to help women fit into their wedding dresses just right, be so tactless? well, i know you and i know you have excellent taste and i am absolutely confident that you will be RADIANT in your dress!
and i hope you went home and ate a whole bowl full of spaghetti drenched in syrup, pop tarts, chocolate, and all kinds of other goodies to make yours"elf" (ha!) feel better!
love ya, em!
Post a Comment