It's eight o'clock on Saturday morning, and Nate and I are sitting in adjacent rooms on our laptops doing who-knows-what until one of us decides to go out and get quarters (it'll be Nate) so I can do laundry. We'll probably heat up some peach/strawberry cobbler for breakfast if we're feeling careless or make pancakes if we're feeling ambitious. I'm not sure yet how we feel, so I'll keep typing this post until Nate says he's hungry.
Nate just ended his first full week of classes for his second year of law school. He says they went well. I try to get him to tell me what he learns, but this first week was all intros and stated expectations. He brought home free food twice. He says that will happen a lot. I didn't realize how often people throw food to the baby sharks in training. Zing.
I made a friend this week. Her name is Jules. I feel odd calling someone I just met by a nickname, but we proclaimed friendship within the first five seconds of meeting each other at the Law School BBQ yesterday. Nate goes to school and is friends with her husband. She, like me, was at BYU and served a mission to South America. She hadn't finished school when she got married and moved to Arizona, so she also has about two semesters left. After the BBQ, she was going to the first meeting with a little book club she and a couple friends started, so I'm guessing I'll soon be in a book club. It's good to know I have a friend here. Finally.
Nate's up. I hear the foil over the cobbler crinkling. I should have placed money on him going for the cobbler... not that this is an indication of his general ambition. He's going to be an international lawyer. He's taking on the world.
Also this week, I made parmesan chicken, stuffed green peppers, and dark chocolate truffles. I made some returns, grocery shopped, and mailed some things for Nate. I installed a shower filter so I won't have acne and filmy hair anymore. We watched Quiz Show courtesy of the Mesa Public Library. We registered my car, and I got an AZ license. So basically, I'm an Arizonan housewife. It feels very much like real life.
Well, I hear bad music and clicking coming from Nate's computer, so he must have moved on to a computer game. I married a nerd, everyone. He's a really good, good man... and a nerd. Kinda like Superman.
Happy weekend to you all.
Addendum: I walked over to Nate after I closed my computer and said, "I was right! You are playing a computer game!" to which he replied, "It's a good game! Civilzation 4!" A moment passed and then, "What's for breakfast?" I told him to read my blog and then made him my Grandpa Martin's pancakes. And then I made him some more.
8.28.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment