8.18.2010

sleepy textbook in easily eaten tire

Because I haven't written in awhile, I find it overwhelming to start back up again. I’ve experienced the long-awaited life upgrade (marriage, duh), and it's a lot to chew.

Life is good. Mostly, it's having another warm body hanging around that makes it simple and perfect.

When Aubry and I worked for The Haunted Forrest a couple years ago, I was put 15 feet up on a tree branch where I was assigned to drop a hanging, cold-bodied dummy onto patrons as they shyly crossed my path. Aubry was put in a meat locker to scream through a smudged glass window.

There’s a scene in Poltergeist where some raw meat gets infested with maggots and starts crawling (yes, the meat... not the maggots) across the counter. Gross. I kind of wish this meaty life I’m living would crawl up here and type this post.

I think I'm really ready for Halloween. I went from marriage to rotting meat pretty quickly. I did mention chewing in the first paragraph... and we all know meat must be chewed. Just tying up loose ends here...

Anyway, I'll be back.

And guess who just got back from work as I type this. My husband, that's who. Cause I have one. And he comes home. Right on. I asked him for a adj-noun-adverb-verb-noun combo to come up with that subject. It's called teamwork, people. Marriage is cool like that.

3 comments:

Aubry T Jensen said...

:) oh the Haunted Forrest. ha. I cant believe we did that. Good times.

Mary Ann (Crockett) Ahlstrom said...

I don't do haunted houses - much less work in them.......YIKES! You are brave. Glad marriage is rockin' for you. Happy to hear from you...

Tiff and Dan said...

em, i'm so happy for you! can i please see some pics of your wedding day? hope everything is going well!
love ya,
tiff