9.18.2009

this little piggy

at work today, i managed to smash my foot with a black plastic crate full of paper. i immediately fell to the floor in agony, afraid to look at what i was sure was half a toe dangling by a flesh-thread to a bloody stump. i'm not much of a crier and so i writhed in pain whilst laughing my head off. when i eventually braved a look, i saw blood pooling around my toe nail about to drip to the floor. sick. i managed to continue working without being too distracted, and deborah and i even went to a movie. but alas... by the end of the movie, my toe was so swollen and throbbing that deb piggy-backed me to the car.

at this point, i'm sure my toe is broken. i'm currently sitting on my couch watching leno with a bag of peas resting gingerly on my sausage-toe. did i mention it's my BIG toe? that means BIGGER pain. can pain be big? anyway...

my friend just texted me with relationship problems. she needs to talk and so i'm heading out to her house. "but emilie! have her come here. you have a broken toe!"

"yes, deborah," i said. "but she has a broken heart."

[takes a bow and exits... only after squeezing on a shoe.]

5 comments:

naomi said...

Queen of horrible puns hahaha

{lizzythebotanist} said...

yowsers. i'm not sure which is worse-having a broken toe or a broken heart.

Emilie May said...

try both.

Aubry T Jensen said...

I am not going to lie, when I read this I just started laughing. Mostly when I read your "yes, but she has a broken heart". I miss being your roommate! (and i also wish things came to me that quickly:)

Kayleen said...

Awesome post. So sorry about your toe. That just plain sucks. When are you coming to CO for a visit?