8.28.2010

hair today, gone tomorrow

I mentioned in my previous post about my filmy hair. Even after a shower and a blow dry, my hair feels as if it hasn't been cleaned or cared for in days. If you know me, you'll know how miserable I am being dirty. I don't know when the last time was that I went an entire day without showering. Honestly. It might have been back in 1998 when I went on a week-long hike at the Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico. Not only did I not shower for 7 days, but I wore the same grimy socks and alternated between two pairs of underpants the whole time. Too much information for your liking? Deal with it. I did for 7 days, and I can assure you it was miserable... like the filmy hair I've had for weeks at a time here. We've gone off on the weekends to Snowflake and once to Utah, so I've had real showers here and there to appease me. But now... I'm off to shower in what feels like "showering in spring water!" Aquasana better not fail me. I have nowhere to go tomorrow but the YMCA to get a free shower with potentially better water than our apartment water. Sad thought.

3 comments:

Quinn, Allison, Rylee and Cailyn McNamara said...

i HATE showering in filmy water! don't forget, there's always a shower waiting for you in california (:

Mel said...

I prefer not to shower, we talked about this already today. It runs in the family. funny enough I just stopped in to shower...

Kayleen said...

I love that you're married. Even more, I love that you're happy. We need to catch up, and soon.
Where can I go to see more wedding pics? You look hot in your dress, but those 2 pics on Facebook aren't going to cut it. ;)